Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Looks like Carole read my posting!

Don't ask me how I know. I know who reads my blog -- and when, and from which ISP. I'm magic like that.

I'm sorry, Carole. I'm sorry for being unoriginal, and for calling you on your poor driving and for endangering other (innocent) drivers, and for screaming at other people when they asked you just what the hell you were doing. I'm sorry for replicating other peoples' criticism when I ask why it took you so long to reveal this leukemia, and why you did so at such a seemingly advantageous time.

The message I hope you'll get, whether it's from me or the many other blog posts you'll turn up about yourself in your daily Technorati searches, is that we need leaders. Leaders who seem like leaders, not like crazy shrieking hotheads more suited to the National Enquirer than to prominent positions of power.

This isn't a new story and my comments on it are coming a bit late. That's because the accident I saw yesterday on Solano made me aware of the potentially fatal folly of being arrogant and careless. We should all be aware of that danger.

No comments: