Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just spoke really quickly with Marilyn -- she was eating lunch with her sister in Solvang. It was so good to hear her voice -- she's one of my biggest advocates.

Come to think of it, though, I've always had a lot of parental figures. I was always the kid whose friends' parents liked me. I'm not sure if that's how I was raised or that's just how I am.

I always want to be liked. Sometimes I can't tell if that's an asset or liability.

On a lighter note, I took a long walk today that led me to Safeway in North B'kly and back. Maybe 3 miles total. Berkeley is magical today, wild, with wind that will lead to rain today. Thank time and technology and yes, money, for the fact that just two days ago I was pacing around New York City in much the same awestruck fashion.

No comments: