Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today

The performance was fine. I'm happy to concentrate on my writing for a while, and then I'll jump back onstage when I have something lengthier and with more significance. Adam got a video. I may post it later or we may just keep it for our amusement. It wouldn't be the first video of that type.

Later we were talking to Dave and got into a conversation about the dynamics of psychoanalyzing someone. It can be a fucked-up dynamic and I told him that. You're busy being their headshrinker, they're busy taking what you have to offer, and is either of you happy? In my experience, no, and that's why I've pulled back on playing therapist. Not that I don't, but I'm more discriminating.

I just told Adam what I'm writing about and he said: "If it's mutual, it can be fine." True. But if it's not mutual, it's pretty well fucked.

No comments: