Friday, June 27, 2008

Domesticity and the inevitable

Sounds a bit like a '60s pop band, doesn't it?

Friday night. Adam and I have plans for the rest of the weekend, so we're just hanging out, listening to music, making vegetable soup, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. "I love being married," I said. "I love not having to worry about what I'm doing over the weekend. It's the best of both worlds. I'm still totally social, I still see my friends all the time, and there's always somebody around."

"I love being married to you," he said. "My first four marriages just weren't the same."

(Note to the irony-challenged: No, he has not been married before.)

For some reason, I'm thinking about the first time his sister met me. She said: "If you get married, Adam will have two brothers-in-law named Adam." She was referring to my brother Adam and her husband, Rabbi Adam, who in fact officiated at our wedding. Guess she was onto something.

No comments: