Friday, August 15, 2008

Portland

A 7 am flight brought us here by quarter past eight. Got the hybrid (like the idea, not so much the car -- a little too mechanical for me, not much soul) and hung out in the Hawthorne area for a while before meeting Loralee for lunch.

Seeing her is great. It was like seeing her at our wedding and every time since then -- so comfortable. It's hot as hell here. We ate on the waterfront and watched the drawbridge rise and fall. Now we're at her place in the Nob Hill area. God, I love this neighborhood. If we were to live in Portland, I'd want to live here -- trees everywhere, beautiful buildings, coffee shops, restaurants, little stores all over the place. I'm so glad we get to spend more time with her, and that she'll be joining us at the wedding.

When I first walked into the kitchen, I was surprised -- happily -- to see my face smiling back from the refrigerator. There was our wedding invitation. This is our first trip as a married couple, apart from the Southern California trip in June. This is the first wedding we'll be attending as marrieds, not singles.

It just feels right. All of it.

No comments: