Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sarcastic bitch

It takes a particular type to get my sense of humor. Adam and I met these guys (two guys, one girl, to be accurate) at the Ferry Building for lunch, and then they all planned to head off to the Giants-Dodgers game while I went off to write.

We were chatting with one of the guys and he said to Adam: "You went to Cal, right?" He'd guessed from Adam's email address. Then he turned to me and said: "Did you go to Cal too?"

"No," I said. "I went to ITT."

He paused for a moment and then said: "Oh," in that I'm-not-going-to-act-like-I'm-judging way. I felt, rather than saw, Adam roll his eyes next to me.

"Actually," I said, "I went to UCSB."

"And she went to St. Mary's for grad school," Adam said. I guess he was trying to prove that his wife wasn't quite the drooling idiot that she really is, no matter what school she attended.

No comments: