Friday, October 17, 2008

I want to go back in time and slap the shit out of my 26-year-old self.

She was dumb.

She was so dumb.

In addition to all the many dumb-ass things she did (and we won't go into them here, or more likely ever), she failed to pay a $185 traffic ticket to the Alameda County Court. She didn't believe in things like that, you see, paying off debt.

So now, eight years later, when I'm financially responsible, after I've worked my ass off to get my shit together, I have this ancient ticket come back to haunt me.

But what do I also have?

My sweet cat vying for my attention.

A husband who can help if needed, if only to give me a hug and say: "Those bastards! Nice of them to send you a notice."

Far more common sense and good judgment than I had back then. Sometimes you need a kick in the ass to remind you how far you've come.

No comments: