Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm just going off today, posting to my blog like a motherfucker.

I was just looking at the "60 Minutes" interview with Barack Obama -- bookmarking it to save it for later -- and that iconic tick-tick-tick started. Talk about a sound to bring you back.

It brings me to the kitchens of my childhood. The television was on during dinner. It was the black-and-white one they got at the time share. The television was always on. We were allowed to talk only during commercials. On Sundays, once that tick-tick-tick started, our father basically told us to shut the fuck up.

You think I'm mis-portraying him? Maybe I am. I don't know how the world sees him. Even I don't see him in black and white. But I would take a goddamned lie-detector test to prove this story's true.

No comments: