Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let's just get this out of the way

First off: I am a murderer.

I killed one of my characters today. I wasn't aware I was going to do this until about 15 seconds prior to the event. There is a moment in Stephen King's "Misery" when crazy Annie berates novelist Paul for bumping off Misery Chastain, her favorite character. Paul says quietly: "She just died." That's the truth.

Since it's a memoir, I didn't expect to knock anyone off. But this is the girl who is not me, who is more a facet of my own brain than a real person on her own. Still, shit. I didn't expect to kill her. I liked her. But I think the bitch deserved it.

Also, both Adam and I took the weekend to recover after a rough-ass fucking week. We were able to stand by each other and that's the most important thing. I worked out today, worked myself into an exhausted sweat. I worked to get the toxins out. I think to some degree I succeeded.

No comments: