Monday, November 10, 2008

Weird dreams are made of me

Downloading my old emails onto Ole Spanky, I found this beaut that I apparently wrote to Adam sometime in July 2007:

I dreamt that I nearly avoided the hoosegow for stealing hiking boots and then showing them to the judge and telling him they were mine. Later you said: "You never show the judge anything, don't you know that?" Then we hosted a Fourth of July party that included Billy Bob Thornton but not, to my knowledge, Angelina Jolie.

And I wrote this to him earlier that month:

There's this couple having a really boring fight. They stare into each other's eyes for a while, then someone says something reasonable-sounding, then they stop speaking for a while. She's just brought out a notebook. Oh, why do I have to sit next to the intellectual miserable couple?

And finally, this one from Adam in August 2007:

I first wondered if reporters ever came over to hound the copy desk on how to set up their stories, then I realized that would be awful hard to do without getting off the bar stool.

No comments: