Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's the mind-shift

Hours before the beautiful pictures below were taken, I had a huge anxiety attack. Panic.

Our wedding photographer, Luke, very generously offered us a first-anniversary shoot in downtown Napa -- and when the day came last Friday, I freaked out at the idea of getting gussied up and photographed.

"You know," Adam said while I ran around huffing and teary, trying to find the right ensemble, "you're going to have to get used to your new bod."

He's right. I'm not at my end goal, but I sure do feel -- and look -- better than I have in my adult life. I stopped my snuffling and we got in the car.

The shoot was great, and the pictures ... well, I'll let you be the judge.

4 comments:

Sean Craven said...

Allison, all the photos I've see of you and Adam are funny, loving, and beautiful. I'd never imagine that you had feelings of trepidation over this.

It's funny -- you are so strong in so many ways that it always shocks me a bit to recognize your vulnerability.

You know damned well you're doing what you want with your life -- the trick is to enjoy it. There's always a kicker, isn't there?

Allison Landa said...

Wow, thanks, man. That means a lot.

I enjoy it more than ever before. I enjoy it more each day. Part of the enjoyment -- for me -- is recognizing the vulnerability, letting it breathe a little bit. It's not quite such the boogeyman when exposed to the light.

Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

I think you looked great before and I think you look fabulous now. But the real look that matters is that you look like you're in love!

Allison Landa said...

Thanks! Love does make you look great ... you can look in the mirror as proof of that! Your new (newish, at this point) profile pic is so awesome.