Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blow up that bridge

There is a story I don't want to tell.

It bridges one part of The Project with another. And I ain't spilling.

The guys gave me less shit about it than I'd imagined. I imagined them pushing me, kicking my ass. Instead they sipped their beers and encouraged me to lie. "Who gives a shit about the truth?" Rob said. "I just care about the emotional truth."

Thank heaven. I thought I would walk out of there with my ass stinging. But lying -- now that's just a tasty option.

2 comments:

Sean Craven said...

Allison, if I thought this was going to represent an issue in the quality of your finished work I'd have screamed bloody murder.

If you can't come up with a transition that does what the real story would have done or better I will be squealing loud.

But this kind of work has more than one side -- and if being 'true' to the experience winds up making you feel shitty then the work has failed you. If you don't deliver true feelings then you've failed the work.

I don't think either of those things is going to happen.

Allison Landa said...

Dude, I hope to not make you squeal. I hope to make any of you shriek or throw your beers. Y'all are now somewhat in my head as I write ... and that's GOOD. It's a gift.

Thank you.