Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scrub your mouth out with lye

Yesterday Adam looked at me over some great cheapie Thai food and said: "I've never been cussed out by anybody the way I have by you."

We had a fight yesterday afternoon. I got on the horn and opened my yap loud enough for the neighbors to cringe and close the door. Later he repeated some of the words and phrases I'd used: motherfucker, cocksucker, fuck-you-I'm-getting-a-hotel-room.

I had two reactions: 1) Those are some strong words; and 2) That sure sounds like me.

I'm re-reading what I wrote here and I realize I come off as a bitch. That's because I can be a bitch. I can be loud and aggressive and extremely hurtful.

But I'm a self-aware bitch, and I apologize when I'm wrong. And yes, I have apologized.

2 comments:

Happy Chandler said...

And that's why you are my best. Love you!

Allison Landa said...

You too, you *&*&$^%&%*!