Saturday, January 1, 2011

My one New Year's resolution

I want to live life more in line with who I am. I feel that I lost something of myself in 2010 -- maybe lost is the wrong word. Misplaced. I misplaced myself. I'm there under the Must Dos and Prepare for the Futures. I'm there, waving and smiling. I know it's time to re-emerge.

I know I'm being vague. There are reasons for that. They say discretion is the better part of valor, or something like that. I'm not even really sure what that means. Does it mean you should keep honesty tucked deep down below?

I feel like a coward for not just saying what's on my mind. I haven't been able to here and that really gets under my skin. I've always been able to be honest on the blog, and I haven't been lately. That's why I haven't been writing a lot -- what is there to say if I can't talk about what's going on? What's really going on?

That is a question, isn't it? And I'm dancing around the answer. I'm dancing hard, I'm dancing fast. Eventually I will stop and spill. And I will be so much better for it.

No comments: