Monday, March 18, 2013

Barbara and Steve

Barbara and Steve Weinstein are two of my favorite people in the world. I have literally known them forever, and my mother went to high school with Barbara. They have treated me like a daughter and Adam like a son.

Last week I got news that rocked my world.

It started with a forwarded news story from Adam. Bus/car crash in New York. Made no sense until I clicked on his other email.

Barbara and Steve were in a terrible car accident. Barbara was killed instantly and Steve was in critical condition. I read those words and they made no sense. They still don't. I read every news article I can get my hands on, look closely at Steve's mangled Porsche. I can't make the connection.

When something like this happens, it's like getting the floor pulled out from under you. Barbara and Steve have been facts of my life since before I understood what that meant. All I can do now is remember Barbara and hope for Steve's recovery.

4 comments:

White Elephant said...

Sudden or unexpected deaths leave a blank space in our lives. At some point it will become more real, never try to get over a death like that,absorb it and live with it.The pain doesn't ever truly fade, you just become accustomed to it.

Larry said...

I am very sorry to read of your loss. I was at a point in my life where I was going to pass the torch, and I remember it as being a very peaceful time. Keep doing your best, and enjoy this brief glimpse of our world.

Larry said...

I was at a point in my life where I was about to pass. It sounds crazy, but it was a very peaceful nice milestone to come across. I learned to love. I learned to learn. Every moment is sacred. I am sorry for your loss. I can tell you with the utmost assurance she is at peace.

Allison Landa said...

Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot.