Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's all around us

Food is everywhere. I'm sitting in a cafe right now and I can smell the syrup of the pancakes, feel the crunch of a croissant in my mouth. There is a guy with two cartons of cherry tomatoes near me and I just want to take them and run.

Today is the last day of my two-week liquid diet. Thank God. As I was telling my agent Naomi over email today, woman cannot live on Jello and popsicles alone. I'm doing well, though. I'm 17 pounds down and went to the gym for the first time since the surgery yesterday. Not bad considering that surgery was a little less than two weeks ago. I'm keeping it light and building it back up to my normal workout.

And that's the thing: I won't have to incorporate exercise into my life, because I've already done that. I won't have to minimize my appetite, because believe it or not mine is naturally small. I won't have to tell myself this is important ... though who am I fooling? I will have to do so every day of my life.

Here is how I look as of this morning.

No comments: