Saturday, October 4, 2014

High Holidays

It's a time of introspection, so I got off Facebook. That's a bigger sacrifice these days than one might imagine.

We weren't as good about services as we have been in the past. We missed Erev Rosh Hashana because we were in Portland and we slept in past service time this morning. Fortunately, that doesn't stop me from giving though to the meaning of these holidays and what I can and hopefully will do to change and better my life.

I feel really choked in my thought about all this. I wish I had some smooth thing to say, something really articulate, but I don't, at least not at this moment. It's kind of like when I go to therapy. I'm not articulate about it for at least a few hours afterward. Same with the holidays, I guess. I've been doing a lot of thinking, but less piecing together of that thought. Maybe that's the plan for the year ahead: putting the pieces into somewhat of a whole.

No comments: