Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pinpointing

My father works in GPS and has for as long as I can remember. When I was a teenager, my parents had me convinced that they had some device implanted in my car that could tell them where I was at any time. I bought it, like the idiot that I was and am, but still I went anywhere and everywhere.

Flash forward to last month, when I returned from Santa Cruz. As I pulled up to the curb, Adam came out to greet me. How did he know I'd gotten home right at that moment? He held up his phone and grinned. Seems I'd shared my location over text message at some point and hadn't realized that it didn't turn off on its own.

I don't care, of course. There's nowhere I go that he can't know about. Still, it's kind of funny when I go to meet him somewhere and he says: "I was wondering why you made a right instead of a left ..." Damn technology.

No comments: