Monday, December 21, 2015

Caminar

I walked the dogs last night. In the rain. This was the first time in three and a half months, since Baz was born, that I have walked them together. First, of course, there was the fact that I was healing from a Caesarean section and those two crazy lugs would probably pull my stitches out. That lasted six weeks.

But what about the rest of the time?

They haven't been getting out nearly as much as normal. Adam's been doing it and -- let's face it -- we're damn tired. That's not to say they don't get exercise. We have a big backyard and they run around there, but they love their walks and not to get them out every day is just bad form.

So yesterday I said fuck it and went. We walked for a half hour or more. I realized that I've grown tougher, sterner, less willing to take shit. It was a good walk.

No comments: