Friday, January 22, 2010

"That would be a little weird."

Adam is very understated. He'll rarely if ever go off the way I do. But when he says something is "a little weird", that means it's not kosher with him.

I like to ask him all these stupid theoretical questions: "How would you feel if I ..." The other night, I asked how he would feel if I went to a movie with a guy friend.

It was deemed a little weird.

I said: "Do you know how many platonic movies I've been to?"

"Things have changed," he said.

And that's true. I used to go drinking with my guy buddies, make pancakes at three in the morning at my friend David's house. Nothing ever happened because there was nothing there to happen. That said, I see where Adam is coming from.

Things have changed. These days much of my social life takes place with him at my side. While we are not joined at the hip, I can understand why he wouldn't want me sitting in the dark for two hours with some dude. Even if we weren't splitting a popcorn.

No comments: