Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Keep it to yourself

I'm sick of everybody's fucking opinions. 

Don't tell me how miserable I'm going to be when the baby's born, how I'll miss sleep most of all. Don't crow that I'll look at the childfree with an envious eye. And for God's sake, don't tell me what I can and can't do while pregnant (drink, take anything stronger than Benadryl, et cetera). 

Yesterday a Facebook friend posted the most insulting link on my wall: all the stupid and humiliating things to which new parents must accustom themselves, with a little note: "Better get used to it hun!" She took it down after I not-so-kindly let her know that what she did was fucked up. 

I thought getting married brought out the busybodies. Getting knocked up, however, has proven far worse in that regard. 

I'm on the warpath. Back the fuck off. 

No comments: