Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Bari Weiss's NYT resignation

I've been worried about the state of free speech for some time now. This stokes that fear. I don't give a damn about Bari Weiss's politics. I care about the First Amendment. Can the Woke people say the same?

I mean, shit. Read this:

My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.” Several colleagues perceived to be friendly with me were badgered by coworkers. My work and my character are openly demeaned on company-wide Slack channels where masthead editors regularly weigh in. There, some coworkers insist I need to be rooted out if this company is to be a truly “inclusive” one, while others post ax emojis next to my name. Still other New York Times employees publicly smear me as a liar and a bigot on Twitter with no fear that harassing me will be met with appropriate action. They never are.

Bullying. Through and through.

No comments: