Friday, September 7, 2007

Under the knife?

In 33 years of life, I've never had surgery.

That may change. Since PCOS makes it near-to impossible to lose weight, I've begun to seriously consider the lap band procedure, which is less invasive than gastric bypass as well as reversible. I may not weigh 300 pounds, but that doesn't mean this procedure can't be helpful for me. Considering the amount that I eat (which really isn't that much, and I eat well) and the amount I'm active (I don't run multiple miles a day, but I bike and walk and have a gym membership and even use it every so often), I should not weigh what I do.

Also, despite being butchered by this guy seven years ago, two days before I left for a monthlong trip to Europe (looking like a meth addict throughout Venice and Innsbruck before it finally started to clear up a week into the trip), I'm researching laser hair removal again. There's been a lot of advances since 2000, and this time I'm not willing to take any bullshit. By the way, if ANYONE is considering Laurence Berkowitz at The Clinic in Campbell, Calif., email me. DO NOT use him. Not only was his staff completely incompetent, they were unresponsive and unhelpful. I will do what I can to get the word out so no one has to suffer as I did.

Fuck, I'm going to stand on a stage and talk about this shit. I might as well start with my blog.

On a lighter note, by this time next week, I will be in New York City.

No comments: