Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rethinking my story

I've been working on the same project since my second year of grad school. This weekend, the way that I work was blown open.

Your most memorable stories are the fixed stars, Mike Daisey said, but you can rearrange the constellation.

This means moving away from written scripting, a direction I was taking anyway. The idea of writing out a script, memorizing it, and blurting it out onstage was starting to seem almost -- not tedious, but less lively than I'd like. This new approach means more talk and less typing, which isn't a bad way to go.

In other news (and I seem to be blogging a ton today -- which is what happens when you're sick at home), I heard from Pavla, who sent pictures of her, Steve, and the boys. I haven't seen them in five years and there's changes, but I still recognize them, of course. I can't wait to see her in February.

No comments: