Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chill up my spine

A good friend and I were talking about marriage. He related a story that I won't share here, but it just made me think about my own marriage and how much it means to me.

I don't take it for granted. Never did and hopefully never will. I love my baby and that love grows every day. Rock on, FFF!

I found myself writing this just now:

It’s been a process, that’s for sure. When we first got together, I was the worst sulker on the planet. I would keep things to myself and pout the entire time, hoping he would guess what put me in a funk. I know you know Adam well enough to figure out how that trick worked – ie., it didn’t. For his part, he needed to sharpen his communication skills and be able to express what was on his mind. He’s articulate in his head and yet he’s had to learn how to put those feelings into words. I admire the hell out of how much he’s grown over time.

Mostly I just feel grateful for sharing a life with him. I fell in love with him so quickly, far more quickly than I’d ever expected. And we fight – oh boy, do we sometimes! – but those fights have grown more and more productive. I’ve never had such pure feelings or intentions toward someone before. He is worth it!

1 comment:

Happy Chandler said...

Damn that's awesome! I love you baby!!!