Monday, January 17, 2011

The vanity continues

Definitely getting thinner. It's a difficult process but one that's really interesting to observe -- even if I'm just observing myself. Sometimes I'm really frustrated -- with the weight-loss effort as well as the constraints of the lap band. There are certain foods you're not supposed to eat -- bread, rice, pasta -- and I've cheated with all of them. Trust me when I say there are bad effects as a result. But I continue to bend the rules, which is my wont, and I'm now just about 32 pounds down, so I'm doing something right.

Working out has a lot to do with it. I've been working out for the better part of a decade, so this isn't really a part of my life that had to change substantially. However, after the surgery I've been even more committed to exercise, whether it's the gym or walking the lake or just making sure I get moving in some way or another.

I'd be lying if I said at least some of the satisfaction wasn't cosmetic, just like when I got laser hair removal. Guys smile at me on the street. And damn it, I like that.

No comments: