Sunday, January 31, 2021

Posted to FB in 2017

This morning consisted of hours of screaming. Then I drove Baz around a while and thought all was well. When we went to his play group, all he did was whine and cling to me.

"Me?" I asked when it was time for my check-in. "I'm curious about the toddler disease."
"What's that one?" one of the Mommies (TM) asked.
"A joke," I said, in a voice that could rival antifreeze.
Then the group's facilitator started asking me questions. Well, he's in day care now, right? You were GONE, weren't you? He's a little off kilter, isn't he?
My anger built and coalesced. Two years of the Mommy Squad telling me not only how to think and feel, but predicting how I was GOING to react to everything ahead of me.
"That's lame," I said.
"What's lame?"
"That supposedly I can't do things for myself, take time for myself. Baz can deal."
"Nothing is fair," she said, and smiled.

No comments: