Thursday, July 1, 2021

Today's writing

I grasp her wrists, hold them in the air, bring her closer to me. Her perfume is intimacy, a strong and clean scent that makes me want to make love to her again. “I’m not human,” I say. “I’m superhuman. You just happened to get lucky.”

 

You got lucky.”

 

“I’m not arguing there.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“Well,” I say, “duh.”

 

“Duh? That’s what you have to say?” She in turn takes my wrists, tries to hold me down to the bed. I let her. She brings her face close to mine, nestles her mouth close to my ear.

 

Then she asks:

 

“Do you want to fuck Tabitha?”

 

I blink so hard that it feels as though boulders are being dropped onto my eyes. I breathe in hard enough that it feels like razors are cutting my throat. Fact is, I’ve been sleeping for a long time. Maybe even before Mom died. I’ve been walking through life with my eyes open and very little else engaged.

 

“Um,” I say, “sure?”

 

Oh, Jesus. I should know better, right?

No comments: