Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We happy? We happy!

For nearly six years now, I've been telling Adam about Cafe Bajer: the best cafe I've ever seen in Europe and a strong contender for best cafe ever. This place is amazing -- full of kitsch like you wouldn't believe, cappuccinos to beat the band, amazing service, comfortable, class act. I don't think I could have made it through nearly half a year in Pardubice without Bajer.

Today we walked in and all the great feelings came back. Milan, the owner, has expanded. The place is more than twice its original size and yet every seat in the house was full.

I recognized one of the servers. He smiled and said: "Hello! Good to see you." After six years!

Later Milan came over and greeted us. He remembered me too! He was walking around with a ballcap on, looking just about exactly as I remember him. We chatted for a while and he told me Adam looks like John Lennon. Then he brought us free sparkling wine and insisted on comping us.

Amazing! Awesome! We're so going back tomorrow before we leave.

No comments: