Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things

It's making its way around Facebook, so it's on my mind:

1) My pediatrician originally thought I was going to be 5 foot 9 inches. We know how well that worked out.
2) I type crazy fast. I had to replace the keyboard on my last laptop because I just destroyed it.
3) Having a pet is one of the best things in my life.
4) I think it's better to be remembered than to be liked.
5) I paint my nails maybe once or twice a year. It chips within days because I buy the cheap stuff.
6) I am allergic to small talk.
7) As a kid, I read with a flashlight after lights-out and never got caught.
8) I was a Girl Scout. Seriously.
9) I am Jewish, but not particularly religious. That said, I will always be Jewish and heaven help you if you're anti-Semitic around me.
10) My husband is programmed into my cell phone as Fuckface.
11) Speaking of cell phones: I still hate them. Always will. I rarely hear mine (it's always on Vibrate) and almost never answer it.
12) There's been times I've had intensely bad dreams. They haven't ended, but I've figured out how to learn from them.
13) I'm a huge fan of self-awareness and personal growth, and I wish more people shared these pursuits.
14) I can be pretentious, but I try to keep a lid on it.
15) I can be entirely crass, but I try to use it for good, not evil.
16) I can be a huge crybaby, but very few people see this side of me.
17) I'm pondering a series of next steps in my life. It's exciting.
18) I bust my butt every day as a freelancer. I love what I do and I'm terribly afraid of ever having to work in an office again.
19) I swear like a sailor on shore leave who's just been ripped off by an ugly prostitute. I love cursing and I have no plans to give it up.
20) I have two brothers: one who's 15 months younger than me and one who is 11 years younger. My younger-younger brother's first words were "Al-Al", and he took his first steps in my direction. Sure, I was holding a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream at the time, but I like to think that's just a coincidence.
21) I'm more vulnerable than I may appear, but I hardly think that's a secret to those who really know me.
22) I love email. It connects me to people around the corner and across the world -- and it's free.
23) The Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough At Last" -- in which bookworm Burgess Meredith gets all excited after the end of the world, because he now has time enough to read, only to break his glasses -- spooks the hell out of me.
24) Every so often I think about having kids. The thought doesn't last too long, but it's interesting while it does.
25) I'm a good liar, which is why I like telling the truth.

No comments: