Friday, April 16, 2010

At least the pain meds are working.

Here's the whiny 2 am post. Before last night I'd never slept in a hospital as an adult, and even as a kid. Only when I was born, and at that point I assume I either slept well or didn't and didn't think about it much either way.

They gave me Ambien. I've never had it before. They offered me Vicodin and I opted for Tylenol. Vicodin scares me.

Supposedly they're letting me go tomorrow. I hope everything's fine and I can go home. Little things make a huge difference. They took me off the IV tubing so I can move around more freely. I have ice water and a nurse I can call. Adam brought in my favorite picture of the two of us as well as a card, and I have both sitting on the bedside table.

The nurses here have been nothing but nice. It still doesn't make me want to stay. I want to go home and I'm wondering if the Ambien just hit.

No comments: