Sunday, April 18, 2010

Writers House

I think I finally have enough distance to write about this amazing agency without wanting to cry.

In September, I sent my query letter to Dan Lazar. Within a day I had a request for the full manuscript from his assistant, Stephen Barr. Stephen proved to be one of the more insightful, thoughtful and unique readers I've ever met.

After a pretty serious series of exchanges, they rejected me. Stephen spoke with me by phone in October and invited me to resubmit.

I did. They rejected me again.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for these guys. The way they looked at my work was really something. The things they said to me -- some of them are engraved on my heart, no kidding. I would have loved to be represented by Dan Lazar, to work with Stephen Barr -- but hey, there's always a next time.

2 comments:

Tracy Wolff/Tessa Adams said...

Writer's House is a phenomenal agency-- congrats on getting so far with them. That's wonderful!

Allison Landa said...

Thanks! It was kind of a heartbreak, but also an honor.