Thursday, April 15, 2010

Instead, let's talk about the Food Network.

Let's not dwell on how I spent my 36th birthday at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center under treatment for a rotten kidney infection. Let's instead observe this modern phenomenon with that handy tool, bullet points:

- Giada Di Laurentiis cooks with her cleavage. She spents more time sucking her fingers and saying, "Mm! That is sooo good!" than actually stirring.

- Paula Dean probably sounds like a Rhodes scholar when you wake her in the middle of the night. The Neelys too.

- Anthony Bourdain was right: Emeril is an ewok, and an annoying one at that.

- Shamefully, I do like Rachel Ray.

They're releasing me tomorrow. Life without an IV sounds more than swell.

2 comments:

Sean Craven said...

I have to confess that I watch Guy Fietti for horrible, horrible reasons. For some reason, I kind of hate him. I keep thinking about what it would be like to have gone to high school with him. So watching him commit suicide with french-fry sandwiches and Reuben pizzas gives me an odd sense of satisfaction. Kind of like watching Jackass -- "Yes, that's right, that's exactly what you deserve."

Allison Landa said...

I hear his restaurants kind of suck ass.