Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 15, 2013

I HAVE BEEN VISITED!

Lefty the cat is here, talking up a storm. It’s so nice to have animal company. I asked her: “How am I supposed to get work done with all this cuteness around?” It’s pretty awesome.

October 16, 2013

Took a walk along the playa this AM. Lots of bones and animal dung amongst the grasses. Last night I had some whiskey with Kristin, David and Jamie. I really like everyone here – those folks as well as Diane, Beth, Rachel, Lisa, Barb and Kathy. Everyone who works here is great. I feel so grateful as I near the end of my stay. Two weeks have gone fast, but so rich. I definitely have grown as a person for being here.

The isolation is interesting – and that’s not a euphemism. Others say they can’t get enough, but personally, I need the presence of other if not connection with them. I’m pretty city like that..

“When you leave on a trip, the last act you perform on the way out of the house – both in a literal and figurative sense – is closing the door.” – Dispenza

Appropriate for right now, when I’m starting to wrap things up. I may pack a little today – and obviously tomorrow. It shouldn’t be that hard. I also need to clean.

Soundtrack: Beatles, Michael Franti, Kool and the Gang, Amos Lee, Tori Amos … and so much more.

No comments: