Sunday, July 21, 2019

From THE THIRD MAN


“There you are,” Adam said. He was holding Baz’s hand. In that moment I resented the shit out of them. I would love to say that I had no idea why, to play innocent, but that would be a bunch of bullshit. Fact was, I knew exactly why I felt as I did. They represented a beloved blockage. Because they existed, because they were such a bulwark of my life, I couldn’t play around like I wanted to. I couldn’t randomly screw some dude just cause. I couldn’t decide to spend six months in the Czech Republic without even being able to point it out on a map, without realizing that it was not and had not been Czechoslovakia for years.

I couldn’t live as if life ultimately didn’t matter, because like the Velveteen Rabbit, love had made it real.



No comments: