Saturday, May 2, 2020

Just written to Pennie

Teaching online from home is an odd one. I can do it and it works okay, but the dynamic is off. This will be the first class I've taught entirely online without ever having met the participants in person. I think it'll be okay, though. I love teaching voice. It's such a sticky wicket of a subject and people have a hard time getting their hands around it. What they don't realize (sometimes don't, at least) is that it's as much of an issue of going inward as going outward to look at other influences. Voice really relies on getting to know oneself, how one thinks and conceives of life, and the unique story these things carry. I truly believe that, and I feel that it's my job as a teacher to almost midwife this out of them. So I'm getting ready to do just that.

No comments: