Sunday, September 12, 2021

What I've eked out the last few days

What do you bring to a threesome? Flowers? A houseplant? Some Trader Joe’s bourgie bullshit? Or do you just cut straight to the chase and offer up some lube? Is that the way to go? I’m really not sure. Never having experienced this before, I could use some assistance.

 

But Andy – who I’m sure has experienced this – is no help. He’s getting even more stoned, sitting cross-legged on his crappy couch, ruminating. “Dude,” I say, “can you please be focused for a single goddamned minute? Please?”

 

He blinks. Okay, it’s a start.

 

We’d agreed upon 7 p.m. That’s an hour away. I’m not sure if I want the time to crawl on its belly or rush like a coyote crossing a busy road. And what is with these fucking metaphors anyway? I’m seized by a strange urge to paint my nails. And what do you know, I have a tiny little bottle with its tiny little brush in my bag. I don’t usually carry stuff like that, but sometimes providence sits on your face.

 

No comments: