Sunday, September 5, 2021

Today's writing

“Here’s what we’re going to do,” I say. We’re sitting at the Thai restaurant in Anchor Bay. It’s a stupid move because the fire’s bearing down from that direction. I’m surprised they’re still open. But they are, and they’re serving pad see ew with beef, and that’s Danny’s favorite, and we’re eating like nothing’s wrong, except something is. It all is.

 

“Here’s what we’re going to do,” I say again, starting to clear my throat. I feel like I sound like an asshole, but I’m also feeling like I don’t really give a damn. I can sound like an asshole all I want. It’s what I do. It’s often what I am. And right now it’s very, very deserved. “She’s coming over. We’re going to make her feel welcome. We’re going to make her feel at home. We’re going to make her naked. And then I’m going to fuck her in front of you.”

No comments: