Saturday, October 16, 2021

Today's writing

I feel Danny’s hard-on in the corner, practically poking a hole in his Levi’s. I smell his insecurity, his uncertainty. I hear the jackhammer of his heart.

 

In contrast, Kelly is chill. She’s just looking at me like – whenever you want to start. I like that. Less pressure. “You know,” I say, “I’ve cleaned here, delivered food here, but never actually hung out. This place is nice.”

 

“Yeah,” she says, and we sit there like morons until I kiss her again. This time it’s different. Hotter, harder, longer. I feel the uptick, the sweat bead my brow, and I know she does too.

 

“I haven’t done this here either,” I say, and brush her hair with the back of my hand. Then I turn to Danny and smile. It’s like hot glue stretching across my face. I feel like there’s something I’m trying to prove to him, to her, to both of them, maybe to myself. Some point I’m trying to get across, some message to be communicated through lips and fingertips.

No comments: