Wednesday, December 14, 2022

John Lennon, "Nobody Told Me"

Three, four
Well, everybody's talking and no one says a wordEverybody's making love and no one really caresThere's matches in the bathroom, just below the stairsAlways something happening and nothing going onThere's always something cooking and nothing in the potThey're starving back in China so finish what you got
Nobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseStrange days indeedStrange days indeed
Everybody's runnin' and no one makes a moveWell, everybody's a winnerAnd nothing left to loseThere's a little yellow idol to the north of KatmanduEverybody's flying and no one leaves the groundWell, everybody's crying and no one makes a soundThere's a place for us in moviesYou just gotta lay around
Nobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseStrange days indeedMost peculiar, mama
Everybody's smoking and no one's getting highEverybody's flying and never touch the skyThere's UFO's over New York and I ain't too surprised
Nobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseNobody told me there'd be days like theseStrange days indeedMost peculiar, Mama, roll

No comments: