Thursday, July 20, 2023

Our week

Baz went to Camp Krem on Sunday. We dropped him off in 110-degree temperatures and drove away with excitement, but also a little bit of mixed feelings. 

Since then we've been to six bars -- The Hideout in Mariposa, Lucky 13 in Alameda, Eli's Mile High Club in Oakland, Zeitgeist in the Mission, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem in the Mission, and Last Rites in Duboce Triangle -- and the Toad the Wet Sprocket concert last night, which was so special to me. I came of age as a college student listening to them in Santa Barbara, their hometown. 

Most importantly, we've had amazing conversations and a great time together, underscoring the decision we made in 2008 to braid our lives together. And Baz has done great at camp. I feel so lucky. 

And I can't wait to see my baby when he comes home today!















Toad the Wet Sprocket, HopMonk Novato, July 19.












Look at that Cartman grin!

No comments: