Saturday, February 3, 2024

Queensryche, "Silent Lucidity"

Hush now, don't you cry

Wipe away the teardrop from your eyeYou're lying safe in bedIt was all a bad dream spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the painOf someone close to you leaving the game of lifeSo here it is, another chanceWide awake you face the day, your dream is overOr has it just begun?
There's a place I like to hideA doorway that I run through in the nightRelax child, you were thereBut only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learnTo face your fears, retrace the yearsAnd ride the whims of your mindCommanding in another worldSuddenly you hear and see this magic new dimension
will be watching over you(I) am gonna help you see it through(I) will protect you in the night(I) am smiling next to you, in silent lucidity
I can't do thisVisualize your dream, record it in the present tensePut it into a permanent formIf you persist in your efforts, you can achieve dream controlHow's that then, better?Dream control, dream controlHelp me
If you open your mind for meYou won't rely on open eyes to seeThe walls you built withinCome tumbling down, and a new world will begin
Living twice at once, you learnYou're safe from the pain in the dream domainA soul set free to flyA round trip journey in your headMaster of illusion, can you realizeYour dream's alive, you can be the guide but
will be watching over you(I) am gonna help you see it through(I) will protect you in the night(I) I'm smiling next to you

No comments: