Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rosh Hashana

The high holidays are here. In a nutshell:

It is a time for self-examination and spiritual renewal, an opportunity to put aside the shallow and fleeting distractions of daily life and seriously question whether one has become the person they could or hoped to be.

I'm not particularly religious, but I find plenty of value here.

I hope I've been successful in focusing more on life's meaning than its distractions. Through meditation and simply through living, I've worked on being in the moment, centering myself, moving day to day with honesty and awareness.

I've fought to be a candid and direct person. I've worked to live my life in a genuine way, to let the people who I love know that I love them, to try to show kindness and affection whenever possible. I've grappled with my anger and begun rolling it aside in favor of what lies beneath.

The next year means tackling all of that. It means continuing to evolve. It will mean laughter, love, and screwups. I'm ready for all that.

No comments: