Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF, seriously

This week's been marked by serious good things and hard times.

The good:

- I've gotten to spend time with a lot of my friends, having great one-on-one conversations. I love quality time with good people.
- I've had a lot of great workout and writing time.
- The weather's been fantastic, which definitely helps my mood.

The hard:

- It's a transition time. Fall is here. Adam started school. I'm so happy he's doing this. It does mean reconfiguring our lives to some degree and that's not without stress. But it's worth it.
- The Lexapro is working in surprising ways. Specifically, it's rolling back my coping mechanisms -- anger and anxiety -- to reveal sadness that dates far back. That doesn't mean I'm a sad or unhappy person. It means trauma that hasn't been processed is trauma that still exists. It means I've got a lot of work ahead.

No comments: