Thursday, April 9, 2009

A happy Passover

Adam and I started off Passover the right way: chocolates and a nap.

Then at 8 pm, we started cooking. We made Val's Hungarian Jewish Chopped Liver, Hungarian Mushroom Soup, and Traditional Apple-Walnut Charoset. At 10:20 pm, we sat down to eat and Adam showed me how he makes matzoh sandwiches with the charoset and horseradish.

He grew up in a house that was far more observant than mine. Hell, my father had to read the transliteration at my brother's bar mitzvah, and he wasn't exactly comfortable with it. I've never attended shul on a regular basis. I love Mel Brooks and bagels, but religious know-how this does not necessarily make.

I love having these occasions with Adam because he's very easy and approachable and fields all my dumb questions with a laugh. Marrying a Jewish man wasn't a necessity, but it sure does help.

No comments: