Sunday, April 24, 2011

You can't carry it with you if you want to survive

2010 was one of the most challenging years of my life, and that is putting it mildly. Shitty would be a better word for it. 2011 has thus far treated me more kindly, but the fact remains that I continue to feel frustrated, trapped and bored.

The good news is that this isn't going to last. There are changes on the way that will make things different and more than likely better. But I'm a creature of the present. If it ain't here now, it doesn't feel as though it will ever be.

I walked into a therapist's office last year, sat down, and said: "I'm trapped." Since then I have made progress, but most of that progress simply comes from the flip of the calendar. I don't know whether to be amused or sad about that fact.

4 comments:

Tymahlya said...

This describes my feelings completely--haven't met many people who have enjoyed the year.

Me: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Landa said...

Thanks for your comments, both of you! T8 - I will definitely check out your blog.

Nahida said...

That sums up the year for me too...

But i am glad it happened...whatever it was. Learnt so much that i would not have otherwise.

Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?