Sunday, June 7, 2020

As said on Facebook

Looking around my apartment and wondering if I'll feel any sentimentality when we leave -- we haven't found a place, but I am actively looking. Right now I'm fairly confident that I can find something equal to or hopefully less than what we're paying right now, which totals just south of $3k including utilities per month.

When we moved out of our cottage, I sobbed. Y'all had to witness that in my soggy posts over and over. That was the place where we brought Baz home from the hospital, where we brought our puppies down the path when they were all of eight weeks old. It was where Oliver, my kitty, had lived. It was where we'd had parties, meetings, all kinds of gatherings with friends and acquaintances, fights, dinners, debates, quiet nights, loud afternoons, you name it. It was where we more strongly became US.

This apartment is nice. It's roomy. It has that beautiful fireplace that I adore. And a dishwasher. Wow! But if you can't trust your neighbors not to slash your tires, it's a tad inconvenient.

I think I'll walk out of here whistling.

No comments: