Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Taking the day off

We're going to Santa Cruz.

A month now into struggling with virtual schooling, we need a break. Bazzy's teachers are wonderful. I feel for everything they have to put into this. But the stars aligned today -- I have nothing on my plate, Adam has to be in the office for a while, and Baz's school schedule is relatively light. I'm going to get my baby a donut this morning, then tell him we're going on an adventure.

Then he'll get to get in the vehicle he calls Bazzy's Racecar, and we're hitting the road. Meeting Deborah down there, too.

We're going to Boise. And Portland. That's happening at the end of the month. In fact, a week from now we're going to be leaving. We're seeing no one in Boise so far as I know; we're just going because I've never been there, so why the hell not? And then we're seeing Loralee in Portland. We'll probably be gone a week or more. God, we both need this so badly. And I think Adam could use the time to himself, though he would probably say otherwise. The dogs, they'll be just fine too.

Let's hear it for the road.

No comments: