Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The song poem

It was when Adam and I both had office jobs and quite a while before we started dating, which should tell you how long ago this was.

We used to play a game: Create a poem of song lyrics. Our creations combined Journey and Tom Petty, Steve Miller and Blondie. It made us think. It was fun.

It's been a long time since I frequented an office and, if I have my way, I'll never do it again. Today Adam and I are sitting across from each other at Caffe La Scala in Walnut Creek, working.

I just started a new game of Song Poem. Here's what we've got so far:

I'm the daddy of the mack daddy
Mack Daddy's gonna make you jump, jump
You tryin to get crazee wid me, ese?
Oh what a lady, what a night.
But she whooped out a dick that was bigger than mine.
No woman, no cry
I didn't know she had the GI Joe Kung Fu grip
They were fast as lightning
Do you love me? Will you love me forever?
I just called to say I love you
Operator, can you help me place this call?

No comments: