Sunday, June 8, 2008

While I was at the gym just now, I saw Ed McMahon and his wife on Larry King Live. Seems they're about to lose their house and are going public. His wife says that when she feels badly, she goes and shops at the dollar bargain bin at Target. Then a reader wrote in and asked if there was a fund to donate to so that Ed and Pam can keep their $6.75 million home. I almost fell off the elliptical.

Then I saw the last guy I dated before starting to go out with Adam. I haven't seen him in years. He was walking over to say hi. I gave him a half-wave and then busied myself with my iPod. What a bitch I was. I absolutely hate when I do something to hurt someone else. He never did anything to hurt me and, in fact, was always quite kind. I emailed and text-messaged him when I got home, just so I knew he'd get my apology for the way I acted.

Why is it that we chase around after people who have treated us like dirt, meanwhile blowing off those who have been kind? If it's part of being human, let me be a robot.

No comments: